Giving power to the people
Seeds for the Sol is a non-profit, grass-roots organization taking action now to remove the financial barriers to residential solar. Our neighbor-to-neighbor funding model mimics the natural cycles of planting, harvesting, and renewal, helping more people put solar on their roofs. We’re made up of concerned citizens who want to repurpose the benefits they’ve reaped from a fossil fuel economy, passing them on to the next generation in the form of renewable energy.
The many benefits of the Seeds for the Sol approach include:
- Reducing our community’s carbon footprint, by increasing the amount of renewable energy we generate
- Educating homeowners and the larger community about climate change, fossil fuels and renewable energy issues
- Employing local businesses and using locally made materials
- Bridging economic sectors of our community
- Providing a different model for using money